Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Thought Experiment: Counter-Strike on the Blockchain
A Thought Experiment: Counter-Strike on the Blockchain

22 Feb 2019 by Thomas De Moor

Of all the games I’ve played ever since I started gaming, Counter-Strike is the one I’ve played the most. I discovered the game when it was at version 1.3 and played it all the way through to version 1.6, its final major software update before it morphed into Counter-Strike: Source. Even today, seventeen years after the release of v1.3, I dare to sneak in a game of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO, the new rendition of Counter-Strike), only to ruthlessly get pwned by all the pros that now play the game.
Here at DGaming.com, we write and think a lot about how blockchain technology could positively impact gaming. As such, we thought it would be a worthwhile Idea to think about how blockchain technology could positively impact Counter-Strike. The key here is that we want it to positively impact the game. After all, blockchain isn’t some panacea that will solve all the world’s problems immediately. There are areas that work better for gaming than others, and I’ll try to present a balanced view.